Saturday, October 27, 2007

update, Oct 27, 2007

Dear all,

We now have three wonderful assistants: (1) May has always been a great help. She is particularly good at paper works and accounting. (2) Susan, a first year PhD student. She is now taking care of the SCT seminar and study group. (3) We also have an undergraduate assistant, Vivi. All of them are really wonderful assistants. I think we are very fortunate to have their help.
2. I have just set up a web album for us at http://picasaweb.google.com/illt.nccu There are not many photos but there will be soon as we continue to develop. The album is also linked to our blog. If you go from the blog at http://illtnccu.blogspot.com/, you will have access to everything that the center has. Be sure to check out the blog and the book marks often. I put new information there whenever I see something interesting (such as conference calls for papers).

3. The photos you see in the album were taken at the study group on Friday. We had 9 attendees in this first meeting, including two people traveling all the way from Kaohsiung to join us. We had good discussions. One suggestion is for me to provide study questions to help people focus on important points. I promise to try my best. I thank all who attended the first meeting and wish that all of you will join us soon too.
More soon.
- Chin-chi

No comments: